"Industry Restructuring Mergers: A Weapon in Times of Crisis"
Published by Editions Hommes et Techniques (1976).
The author introduces the principles and considerations for successful mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures providing a rationale of the objectives and of the methods for meeting those objectives. He stresses, in particular, throughout the analysis and negotiations, the importance of a complete and precise assessment from the initial feasibility study to the final agreement.
"Fifteen Years of Mergers, Acquisitions, and Strategic Alliances: Requirements for Success"
Published by Editions Hommes et Techniques (1983).
Drawing on fifteen years of practical experience in mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures, the author presents numerous conclusions based on various forms of corporate alliances, such as:
• Failure is frequent whether it is strategic, financial or employee-based. The causes for failure are multiple, including errors in defining objectives and in selecting effective tools; error in the choice of a partner; and errors in the preparation or implementation of a plan.
• Mergers, acquisitions, and joint should support the development of the economy and the company's growth while restructuring not only the corporations, but also the industrial sector on both a national and international level.
• A rational approach decreases the risks at the two imperative stages: preparation and implementation.
"Manufacturing and Operations Management"
Published by the University of Geneva (1987).
The author provides lessons which relate to:
• The global role of the company in the economic, technological, social and political communities;
• Objectives and production costs;
• Research and development, manufacturing processes, logistics and control, administrative duties; and
• Transfers of technology.
"Development Techniques for International Technology Transfer"
Published by Quorum Books (2001).
More so than even the exchange of goods, the exchange of technology among nations has increased dramatically. Exchanges are evolving and so is the role of developed and developing nations. Le Goc leads readers through the basic concepts of technology transfer, synthesizing a wide range of material with an integrated approach to the practical techniques used in technology transfer internationally. Not only is the book useful as a university text in international business and contracts, it also provides executives and managers who have no special expertise in the field with the information they need to take the next steps toward acquiring true expertise.
To order, call 1-800-255-5800 (press 2 for educational books), fax your order to 1-203-750-9790, or log on to www.greenwood.com (run a search for the author and order online).